Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Regulation. A person commits an offense if the person operates a truck upon a public street designated as a no through truck street.
(B) Affirmative defenses. It is an affirmative defense to prosecution under this section if:
(1) The truck was an authorized emergency truck;
(2) The truck was a bus or light truck;
(3) The truck was a moving van;
(4) The truck was a utility vehicle;
(5) The truck was operated by a government or political subdivision;
(6) The truck was providing food carrier service; or
(7) The truck;
(a) Was being driven to fulfill a local commercial obligation to a buyer or seller at a business or work related destination; and
(b) The prohibited public street was the only route to such destination.
(C) Streets prohibited. Through truck traffic is prohibited on the following streets:
Bloomington west to Dairy Ashford
(D) The Traffic Engineer is directed to erect and place signs designating the above streets as “No Through Trucks” streets.
(Ord. 2013-03, passed 2-26-2013) Penalty, see § 73.99