Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. The Staff Plat Review Committee has the power and authority to review and recommend approval of subdivision plans and plats, and site plans that meet Ordinance requirements.
B. The voting members of the Staff Plat Review Committee consist of the following County staff:
1. Director of the Department of Planning and Development.
2. Zoning Enforcement Officer.
3. Director of the Division of Transportation/County engineer.
4. Director of Environmental Health.
5. Chief Stormwater Engineer.
6. Building Enforcement Officer, as defined by the building codes adopted by the County.
C. The director of the Department of Planning and Development serves as the chair of the Staff Plat Review Committee.
D. If a Staff Plat Review Committee member is unable to attend a scheduled meeting, he/she may send one (1) designated voting representative.
E. For subdivision applications, additional non-voting ex-officio members of the Staff Plat Review Committee consist of the following:
1. Applicable township highway commissioner(s).
2. Applicable fire chief(s).
3. Applicable school superintendent(s).
4. A representative of the nearest municipality within a one and one-half (1½) mile boundary of subject property or a representative of the municipality within one and one-half (1½) mile boundary of the subject property that is granted planning authority through an approved intergovernmental boundary agreement.
If an ex-officio member is unable to attend a scheduled meeting, he/she may send an alternate representative. Ex-officio members provide information to the applicant and voting members regarding design of the subdivision and/or site plan and requirements for the ex-officio member’s signature of the plat, if required.
F. The Staff Plat Review Committee has the following powers, pursuant to this Unified Development Ordinance:
1. To make final decisions on sketch plans of subdivision.
2. To make recommendations on preliminary plats of subdivision.
3. To make recommendations on final plats of subdivision.
4. To review and make final decisions on site plan review.
5. To review and make final decisions on technical adjustments.
(Ord. O-201410-10-035, passed 10-14-2014; Ord. O-201601-ZBA-006, passed 1-19-2016; Ord. O-201603-ZBA-010, passed 3-17-2016, § 3.4; Ord. O-201803-ZBA-10-08, passed 3-19-2018; Ord. O-201808-10-033, passed 8-21-2018)