Skip to code content (skip section selection)
1. The County Board shall make its decision based upon the record as a whole and may consider the recommendation of the Committee. The decision of the County Board shall be in writing, specifying the reasons for the decision, such reasons to be in conformity with § 39.2(a) of the Act (415 ILCS 5/39.2(a)).
2. Such decision shall be available for public inspection at the office of the County Clerk and may be copied upon payment of the actual cost of reproduction.
3. In granting approval for a site, the County Board may impose such conditions as may be reasonable and necessary to accomplish the purposes of the Act and that are not inconsistent with regulations promulgated by the Illinois Pollution Control Board.
4. If there is no final action by the County Board within one hundred eighty (180) days after the date on which it received the request for site approval, the applicant may deem the request approved.
5. Whether the County Board approves or disapproves of the proposed site, a Resolution shall be passed to that effect and reflecting such decision, stating the reason(s) for the decision.
B. Decision Review.
1. In the event the petitioner for a review of the County Board’s decision is a citizens’ group that participated in the siting proceeding and is so located as to be affected by the proposed facility, such petitioner shall be exempt from paying the costs of preparing and certifying the record.
(Ord. O-200411-12-134, passed 11-16-2004)