Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. No officer or employee shall intentionally perform any prohibited political activity during any compensated time, as defined herein. No officer or employee shall intentionally use any property or resources of the County of McHenry in connection with any prohibited political activity.
B. At no time shall any officer or employee intentionally require any other officer or employee to perform any prohibited political activity:
1. as part of that officer or employee’s duties,
2. as a condition of employment, or
3. during any compensated time off (such as holidays, vacation or personal time off)
C. No officer or employee shall be required at any time to participate in any prohibited political activity in consideration for that officer or employee being awarded additional compensation or any benefit, whether in the form of a salary adjustment, bonus, compensatory time off, continued employment or otherwise, nor shall any officer or employee be awarded additional compensation or any benefit in consideration for his or her participation in any prohibited political activity.
D. Nothing in this Section prohibits activities that are permissible for an officer or employee to engage in as part of his or her official duties, or activities that are undertaken by an officer or employee on a voluntary basis that are not prohibited by this Ordinance.
E. No person either:
1. in a position that is subject to recognized merit principles of public employment or
2. in a position the salary for which is paid in whole or in part by federal funds and that is subject to the Federal Standards for a Merit System of Personnel Administration applicable to grant-in-aid programs, shall be denied or deprived of employment or tenure solely because he or she is a member or an officer of a political committee, of a political party, or of a political organization or club.
(Ord. O-201205-12-027, § 3, passed 5-15-2012)