Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Any person who engages in the business of snow removal unless without first obtaining a valid general business license per McCall City Code 4.2.3 and a permit for commercial snow removal service within the City Limits, shall be fined in the amount indicated on the fine schedule approved by the City Council and maintained by the City Clerk. Any such person may request reconsideration of the fine and business license revocation to the City Clerk using the same process as applicable to a Notice of Snow Storage Violation provided in this chapter.
(B) An application for such permit for commercial snow removal service shall be made to the City Clerk in such form and manner as provided by the City Clerk’s Office and shall include:
1. Name and description of the applicant;
2. If the applicant is an association, company, or corporation, then it shall submit a list naming each natural person who will be acting as a snow removal contractor in the City, and each shall receive and maintain license documentation;
3. Address, both legal and local;
4. A description of the vehicle or equipment to be used;
5. The name of the contact person in case of issues related to their services within the City;
6. Proof of insurance showing the snow removal contractor has a policy of liability and property damage insurance covering the work of the snow removal contractor and the contractor’s employees. The insurance policy should also list the City as an additional insured party in a sum not less than provided by Idaho Code section 6-926 et seq.
(C) At the time of filing an application, the fee for a general business license and permit for commercial snow removal shall be paid and is nonrefundable. The fee shall be set from time to time by resolution of the City Council. (Ord. 953, 12-1-2016; amd. Ord. 1013, 9-22-2022)