Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The following recitals are hereby incorporated into the body of this section as though fully set forth herein:
(1) The Village Board has determined it reasonable and appropriate to review and adjust the annual salary of the Village Clerk;
(2) Section 3.1-50-10 of the Illinois Municipal Code (65 ILCS 5/3.1-50-10) authorizes the corporate authorities of a municipality to increase or diminish, by ordinance, the salaries for those officers who hold elective office for a definite term, and that said salaries shall be fixed at least 180 days before the beginning of the terms of the officers whose compensation is to be fixed;
(3) Act 5, § 3.1-35-90 of the Illinois Municipal Code (65 ILCS 5/3.1-35-90) authorizes the corporate authorities to establish other duties of the Village Clerk beyond those set forth in said statute; and
(4) The Village Board has prescribed additional duties and responsibilities of the Village Clerk beyond those required by statute (65 ILCS 5/3.1-35-90), as set forth herein.
(B) The duties of the Village Clerk from and following the effective date of this section shall be as follows:
(1) Carry the corporate seal;
(2) Attend all Village Board regular and special meetings;
(3) Record the Village Board minutes;
(4) Present the Village Board minutes at the meetings;
(5) Post the agenda for the Village Board meetings 48 hours in advance;
(6) Present the Zoning and Park Board minutes at the village meetings;
(7) Publish, sign, file new ordinances;
(8) Publish public and bid notices, and the like in the Morris Herald and other required places;
(9) Sign all village checks;
(10) Before entering upon the duties of office, the Clerk must file a bond with the Treasurer who shall record and preserve it;
(11) Administer oaths;
(12) Receive the nominating papers and certify the names of all candidates;
(13) Other duties per Illinois Municipal League Handbook and as directed by Village Board; and
(14) Reports to the Village President and Village Board.
(C) The annual salary of the Village Clerk shall be paid once per year in May, according to the fiscal year starting May 1, and shall be in an amount established by the Village Board from time to time.
(Ord. 2000-18, passed 10-16-2000; Doc. passed 5- -2001)