Skip to code content (skip section selection)
For the purpose of this subchapter, the following definitions shall apply unless the context clearly indicates or requires a different meaning.
CAMPING TRAILER. A trailer, not used commercially, constructed with partial side walls which fold for towing and unfold to provide temporary living quarters for recreational camping or travel use and of a size or weight not requiring an overdimension permit when towed on a highway.
(625 ILCS 5/1-109.01)
(1) A trailer or semi-trailer equipped and used for living quarters or for human habitation (temporarily or permanently) rather than for the transportation of freight, goods, wares and merchandise; or
(2) A HOUSE TRAILER or a semi-trailer which is used commercially (temporarily or permanently), that is, for the advertising, sales, display or promotion of merchandise or services, or for any other commercial purpose except the transportation of property for hire or the transportation of property for distribution by a private carrier.
(625 ILCS 5/1-128)
MOTOR HOME, MINI MOTOR HOME OR VAN CAMPER. A self-contained motor vehicle, not used commercially, designed or permanently converted to provide living quarters for recreational, camping or travel use, with direct walk-through access to the living quarters from the driver’s seat. Such vehicles must include at least four of the following:
(1) A cooking facility with an on-board fuel source;
(2) A gas or electric refrigerator;
(3) A toilet with exterior evacuation;
(4) A heating or air conditioning system with an on-board power or fuel source separate from the vehicle engine;
(5) A potable water supply system that includes at least a sink, a faucet and a water tank with an exterior service supply connection; and
(6) A 110-125 volt electric power supply.
(625 ILCS 5/1-145.01)
RECREATIONAL VEHICLE. Every camping trailer, motor home, mini motor home, travel trailer, truck camper or van camper used primarily for recreational purposes and not used commercially nor owned by a commercial business.
(625 ILCS 5/1-169)
(1) Every vehicle without motive power in operation, other than a pole trailer, designed for carrying persons or property and for being drawn by a motor vehicle and so constructed that no part of its weight rests upon the towing vehicle.
(625 ILCS 5/1-209)
(2) A TRAILER shall include but not be limited to those vehicles designed to carry watercraft of any kind, snowmobiles, motorcycles, other automobiles or vehicles, all-terrain vehicles.
TRAVEL TRAILER. A trailer, not used commercially, designed to provide living quarters for recreational, camping or travel use, and of a size or weight not requiring an overdimension permit when towed on a highway.
(625 ILCS 5/1-210.01)
TRUCK CAMPER. A truck, not used commercially, when equipped with a portable unit designed to be loaded onto the bed which is construed to provide temporary living quarters for recreational, travel or camping use.
(625 ILCS 5/1-211.01)
(Ord. 1999-9, passed 7-19-1999)