Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Under this subchapter, no licensee, his or her agents or employees purchasing or receiving any article of property shall:
(1) Receive any property without first viewing a form of identification containing a photograph of the person identified;
(2) Melt, alter, destroy, sell, remove from the licensed premises or otherwise dispose of such article, within 20 days after the receipt and report of any property is made as required by § 117.045 of this chapter, except upon written permission from the Chief of Police;
(3) Purchase or receive any property from any person under the age of 18 without his or her parent or guardian being present at the time of the transaction and without receiving their written consent, a copy of which must be submitted along with the records required by § 117.045 of this chapter;
(4) Purchase or receive any property or surrender any property from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. Monday through Saturday, and 7:00 p.m. Saturday through 7:00 a.m. Monday;
(5) Conceal, secrete or destroy for the purpose of concealing any article purchased or received for the purpose of preventing identification;
(6) Deface, alter or remove any serial number or identifying marks from an article in his or her possession; and
(7) Take possession of defaced or altered property as described in division (A)(6) above.
(B) No article shall be redeemed from a pawnbroker until after 48 hours after the delivery to the Chief of Police of a copy of pawn tickets.
(2013 Code, § 17-148) (Ord. 14366, passed 11-25-1991) Penalty, see § 10.999