Skip to code content (skip section selection)
For the purpose of this subchapter, the following definitions shall apply unless the context clearly indicates or requires a different meaning.
ALCOHOL. Ethyl alcohol, hydrated oxide of ethyl or spirits of wine, from whatever source or by whatever process produced.
ALCOHOL BEVERAGE. Alcohol, spirits, liquor, wine, beer and every liquid or solid containing alcohol, spirits, wine or beer, and which contains 0.5% or more of alcohol by volume and which is fit for beverage purposes either alone or when diluted, mixed or combined with other substances.
CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES or ILLEGAL DRUGS. All narcotics or drugs, the possession which is illegal under the laws of the state, as defined under the Penal Code, Health and Safety Code and related statutes.
ENFORCEMENT SERVICES. The salaries and benefits of police officers or other code enforcement personnel for the amount of time actually spent in responding to, or in remaining at, the party, gathering or event and the administrative costs attributable to the incident; the actual cost of any medical treatment to injured police officers or other code enforcement personnel; and the cost of repairing any damaged city equipment or property; and the cost arising from the use of any damaged equipment in responding to or remaining at the party, gathering or event.
JUVENILE. Any person under 18 years of age.
(1) A person who, under court order, is the guardian of the person of a minor; or
(2) A public or private agency with whom a minor has been placed by the court.
MINOR. Any person under 21 years of age.
PARENT. A person who is a natural parent, adoptive parent or step-parent of another person.
PARTY, GATHERING or EVENT. A group of persons who have assembled or are assembling for a party, social occasion or social activity.
PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE EVENT. Includes, but is not limited to:
(1) The person(s) who owns, rents, leases or otherwise has control of the premises where the party, gathering or event takes place;
(2) The person(s) in charge of the premises; or
(3) The person(s) who organized the event. If a person responsible for the event is a juvenile, then the parents or guardians of that juvenile will be jointly and severally liable for the costs incurred for enforcement services pursuant to this chapter.
SPECIAL SECURITY ASSIGNMENT. The assignment of police officers and services to a location of a party, gathering or event that violates the law.
(2013 Code, § 5-126) (Ord. 14889, passed 9-26-2011)