Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The City Council may, by resolution, adopt such rules and regulations for the Police Department as it may deem needful and proper, not inconsistent with state law or with the provisions of this subchapter. The Chief of the Police Department is authorized and directed from time to time, subject to the approval of the City Council, to make such rules and regulations or amend such rules and regulations, as may be necessary, to carry out the intent of this subchapter and to govern the affairs and conduct of the Police Department in all respects and particulars.
(B) The Chief of the Police Department is authorized and directed to make rules, subject to the approval of the City Council, to:
(1) Dispose of surplus equipment items with an estimated value of $7,500 or less;
(2) Dispose of property seized in criminal cases;
(3) Close streets temporarily up to 72 consecutive hours;
(4) Approve of temporary parking on the wrong side of the street for up to 72 consecutive hours; and
(5) Approve of in-state travel for employees of the Police Department.
(2013 Code, § 24-19) (Ord. 10, passed 8-14-1950; Ord. 12786, passed 9-22-1975; Ord. 14609, passed 12-30-1998)