Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) General. Operators of all motor vehicles, including, but not limited to, motor scooters and motorized bicycles, operated on the public street are required to be properly licensed in accordance with the Code of Iowa, except:
(1) Motorized wheel chairs, three- or four-wheel, may be operated for the purpose of transporting the disabled;
(2) Lawn mowers operated for the purpose of mowing the grass may use the public street to take the most direct route from one residence to another;
(3) Farm equipment may be operated for the purpose of agriculture; and
(4) Golf carts may be operated and licensed as provided in § 70.006(B) of this code of ordinances.
(2013 Code, § 20-400)
(B) Sidewalk operator of motorized vehicles.
(1) The operation of all motorized vehicles, including, but not limited to, motor scooters and motorized bicycles, are prohibited on public sidewalks.
(2) However, motorized wheel chairs, three or four wheel, may operate on a public sidewalk for the purpose of transporting the disabled.
(2013 Code, § 20-401)
(C) Vehicle licenses. All motor vehicles operated on the public streets must be properly licensed and insured in accordance with the Code of Iowa.
(2013 Code, § 20-402)