Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) (1) A person riding an animal or driving an animal drawing a vehicle upon a roadway is subject to the sections of this traffic code applicable to the driver of a vehicle, except those sections of this traffic code that, by their nature, can have no application.
(2) A person, including a peace officer, riding a bicycle on the highway is subject to the sections of this traffic code and has all the rights and duties under this traffic code applicable to the driver of a vehicle, except those sections of this traffic code which, by their nature, can have no application or those sections for which specific exceptions have been set forth regarding police bicycles.
(3) A person propelling a bicycle on the highway shall not ride other than upon or astride a permanent and regular seat attached to the bicycle.
(4) A person shall not use a bicycle on the highway to carry more persons at one time than the number of persons for which the bicycle is designed and equipped.
(5) This section does not apply to the use of a bicycle in a parade authorized by proper permit from local authorities.
(2013 Code, § 20-6)
(B) (1) The use and operation of golf carts on the city streets is authorized, except as may be restricted as provided in division (B)(2) below.
(2) The following restrictions shall apply to the use and operation of golf carts on the city streets.
(a) The operator of any golf cart on a city street shall possess a valid operator’s license.
(b) Golf carts shall not be operated upon a city street that is a primary road extension through the city, but shall be allowed to cross a city street that is a primary road extension through the city.
(c) The golf cart shall be equipped with a slow moving vehicle sign and a bicycle safety flag.
(d) The golf cart shall be operated on city streets only from sunrise to sunset.
(e) Golf carts shall be equipped with adequate brakes.
(2013 Code, § 20-6.1)
(Ord. 68, passed 8-14-1950; Ord. 14137, passed 8-9-1982; Ord. 14970, passed 11-27-2017) Penalty, see § 70.999
Similar provisions, see I.C.A. § 321.234