(A)   General.
      (1)   Sites or common plans of development or sale that will result in a disturbed area of greater than one-quarter of an acre, but less than one acre, shall obtain a minor erosion control permit prior to any land-disturbing activity, except:
         (a)   Filling or construction within floodplain limits as established by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and in Ch. 158 of this code of ordinances will require a separate additional permit under that ordinance, in addition to the permits required by this chapter; and
         (b)   For work that is specifically covered by a city demolition permit, building permit, NPDES permit or approved plan of improvements containing a SWPPP, a minor erosion control permit is not required. However, site filling and grading done pursuant to these approved permits and plans shall meet the requirements of this chapter.
      (2)   The following activities are exempt from the requirements of this chapter:
         (a)   Crop production activities;
         (b)   Cemetery graves;
         (c)   Emergencies posing an immediate danger to life or property or substantial flood or fire hazards;
         (d)   Total fill quantity of less than 25 cubic yards in a 12-month time period; and
         (e)   Public improvements.
   (B)   Issuance.
      (1)   All minor erosion control permits shall be issued by the city’s Building Official upon approval of a completed application for erosion control permit on a form provided by the city. The application shall be signed by the title holder(s) of the site, together with the applicant, if different from the title holder(s).
      (2)   A minor erosion control permit application shall include the following:
         (a)   A completed application for erosion control permit on a form provided by the city; and
         (b)   A dimensioned drawing including the following:
            1.   Property address and legal description;
            2.   Property lines and any existing easements of record;
            3.   Limits of area of land-disturbing activities;
            4.   Existing and proposed ground elevations (two-foot maximum interval);
            5.   A SWPPP if required under § 55.007(A) of this chapter; and
            6.   Other information as required by the city’s Building Official or Engineer.
(2013 Code, § 28-163)  (Ord. 14824, passed 2-11-2008)