The city finance officer shall have the following powers and duties:
(1) He shall keep the accounts of the city in accordance with generally accepted principles of governmental accounting and the rules and regulations of the Local Government Commission.
(2) He shall disburse all funds of the city in strict compliance with The Local Government Budget and Fiscal Control Act, G.S. section 159-7 et seq., the budget ordinance, and each project ordinance and shall preaudit obligations and disbursements as required by The Local Government Budget and Fiscal Control Act, G.S. section 159-7 et seq.
(3) As often as may be requested by the council or the city manager, he shall prepare and file with the council a statement of the financial condition of the city.
(4) He shall receive and deposit all moneys accruing to the city, or supervise the receipt and deposit of money by other duly authorized officers or employees.
(5) He shall maintain all records concerning the bonded debt and other obligations of the city, determine the amount of money that will be required for debt service or the payment of other obligations during each fiscal year, and maintain all sinking funds.
(6) He shall supervise the investment of idle funds of the city.
(7) He shall perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by law, by the city manager, or council, or by rules and regulations of the Local Government Commission.
(Code 1982, § 2-2023)
State Law References: of finance officer, G.S. § 159-25.