In applying for benefits, the veteran must submit to the Commission with the application, the following:
1.   DD Form 214 - “Report of Separation from the Armed Forces”. (Request the veteran have his or her discharge recorded in the County Recorder’s Office when requesting Benefits.)
2.   Certificate of Marriage, if applicable.
3.   Children’s birth certificates, if applicable, and for those under eighteen years of age.
4.   Social Security Card.
In lieu of a Certificate of Marriage, children’s birth certificates, and a Social Security Card, the veteran may provide a copy of his or her latest Federal income tax return showing the same information. However, when application is made by a surviving spouse, a Certificate of Marriage must be submitted with birth certificates of any minor children claimed as the veteran’s.