Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) An account is established, being the Marion Utility Service Board Promotional and Miscellaneous Account. The City Council is authorized to budget and appropriate funds from the revenues of the water and sewer utility to pay the expenses incurred in promoting the betterment of the City of Marion, Indiana, through the accounts created.
(B) Expenditures from these accounts may include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
(1) Membership dues and local, regional, state and national associations of a civic, educational or governmental nature, which have as their purpose the betterment and improvement of municipal utility operations;
(2) Direct expenses for travel, meals and lodging in conjunction with municipal business or meetings or organizations to which the municipal utility belongs;
(3) Expenses incurred in the promotion of economic or industrial development for the municipality, including meeting room rental, decorations, lodging, meals and travel;
(4) Commemorative plaques, certificates or objects such as commemorative keys;
(5) Other purposes which are deemed by the Marion Utility Service Board to directly relate to promotional or betterment of the City of Marion, Indiana.
(C) The promotional account shall be budgeted each year by the Marion Utility Service Board and approved by the City Council. No expense shall be allowed from the account without prior authorization and approval of the Marion Utility Service Board. Claims for expenses under this section will be allowed as prescribed by law.
(Ord. 5-1985, passed 3-5-1985)