Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The purpose of these regulations is to regulate and control the subdivision of land within the Village of Marblehead.
(B) These regulations are intended to:
(1) Promote the proper arrangement of streets and lots, safe and convenient vehicular traffic and pedestrian circulation and adequate access for service and emergency vehicles;
(2) Plan for the provision of adequate and convenient recreational and open space areas, school sites and other public facilities;
(3) Ensure the adequate provision of water, drainage, and sanitary sewer facilities and other health requirements;
(4) Provide the orderly development of land to obtain an overall harmonious and stable community environment;
(5) Coordinate land development in accordance with the Marblehead Zoning Chapter, the Major Thoroughfare Plan, the Land Use Plan, and other regulations of the Village of Marblehead; and
(6) Manage the natural resource base for present and future use on a sustained basis.
(Ord. 18, 2001, passed 6-14-2001)