Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The provisions of this chapter shall not apply to any of the following:
(1) Warning sounds and alarm devices which are designed and utilized to signal unsafe or dangerous situations, to call for or summon police or emergency personnel or which are utilized by appropriate law enforcement or emergency vehicles and their occupants in pursuit of their duties and responsibilities;
(2) Any music, sirens, specialty horns or other such devices utilized during parades authorized by the Mayor or Council;
(3) Church bells;
(4) Any noise or sound generated as a direct result of open pit mining or quarrying operations;
(5) Any noise or sound generated as a direct result of a construction project for which all necessary permits have been obtained, between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday;
(6) Any noise or sound generated by outdoor implements such as lawnmowers, leaf blowers, snow blowers, hedge trimmers, chain saws and the like between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.;
(7) Any noise or sound that is a direct result of a lawful and properly permitted athletic event on designated playgrounds or park facilities, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.; and
(8) Any noise produced by watercraft such as pleasure boats, ferries, or a freighter that is a warning or signal required by maritime or other laws.
(B) (1) This section shall not apply to functions specifically permitted by the Ohio Revised Code or other Village of Marblehead ordinances.
(2) It shall also not apply to functions for which the village has issued a special permit.
(Ord. 29, 2003, passed 1-8-2004)