Any person who desires to install, alter, enlarge, extend or relocate (hereinafter "construct") a permanent sign, or a sign that will have electrical service, must first obtain a permit by filing with the director of building and zoning ("director") an application in writing, on a form to be furnished by the director, which shall consist of the following information:
   (A)   Name, address, and telephone number of the applicant, which shall be confirmed through the applicant's driver's license or state identification card, articles of incorporation, or other legally recognized form of identification;
   (B)   Proof of ownership or possessory interest in the land on which the sign is to be erected;
   (C)   The address and legal description of the property on which the sign is to be erected;
   (D)   Names and addresses of any contractors employed by the applicant to erect the sign;
   (E)   Sealed building plans signed by a licensed architect setting forth the specifications for the construction of the sign;
   (F)   Sealed site plans signed by a licensed land surveyor showing the location of the sign in relation to other signs and structures sufficient to ensure compliance with the standards of this chapter; and
   (G)   Proof of possession of any license or permit which, under federal, state or local law, the applicant is required to have in order to erect a sign under this chapter. (Ord. 08-08, 7-21-2008)