Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The purpose of this chapter is to guide and accomplish a coordinated, adjusted and harmonious development of the municipality and its environs which will, in accordance with present and future needs best promote the public health, safety and welfare.
(B) The zoning regulations and districts as herein established have been designed to:
(1) Promote health, safety, morals, order, convenience, property and general welfare;
(2) Promote efficiency and economy in the process of development;
(3) Promote the healthful and convenient distribution of population;
(4) Preserve adequate air and light;
(5) Promote good civil design and arrangement;
(6) Promote wise and efficient expenditure of public funds; and
(7) Provide for adequate public utilities and other public requirements.
(Ord. 671, passed 4-15-86)