Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) To obtain a recyclable collection license a person must submit an application on a form provided by the Director of Finance. The applicant must be the person who will own, control or operate the proposed collection service.
(B) The applicant for a license shall furnish the city the following information which shall be subscribed and sworn to before a notary public.
(1) Name and address of the applicant.
(2) Trade name under which the applicant does or proposes to do business.
(3) The number of vehicles the applicant desires to operate.
(4) The class, size and design of each vehicle, including the type of body and accessory equipment designed for automated collection.
(5) Whether or not the applicant ora ny person with whom the applicant has been associated or employed has a claim or judgment against such person for damages resulting from the negligent operation of a motor vehicle.
(6) The nature and character of the service the applicant proposes to render.
(7) The rates or fees the applicant proposes to pay or charge for the services rendered.
(8) Num er and location of commercial customers.
(9) Proof of liability insurance in an amount not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence issued by a company authorized to do business in the state.
(10) Such other information as the local regulatory authority may require.
(C) The Director may make or cause to be made an investigation of the application for a license.
(D) The applicant shall submit with the application for the license a nonrefundable application fee which shall be in an amount approved by the City Council.
(Ord. OR-1924-14, passed 11-10-14)