Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The keeping of fowl on any property within the City of Mansfield must comply with the regulations of the Zoning Ordinance.
(B) The provisions of the Zoning Ordinance related to fowl shall be enforced by the Code Compliance Department.
(C) A person commits an offense if he/she:
(1) Keeps or maintains more than four fowl on one-half acre or less or at a distance closer than 50 feet from any habitation located on another's property;
(2) Keeps or maintains more than ten fowl on more than one-half acre but less than one acre at a distance closer than 50 feet from any habitation located on another's property;
(3) Keeps or maintains 25 fowl or more on one acre or more at a distance closer than 50 feet from any habitation located on another's property;
(4) Fails to keep any duck, goose, or swan from being at-large however, all ducks, geese, or swans found within the parks of the city are hereby exempted;
(5) Fails to keep any chicken, pea-fowl, turkey, or guinea fowl contained within a co-op or pen;
(6) Keeps or maintains roosters except with written permission of the Animal Control Manager; and
(7) Keeps or maintains fowl within 100 feet of any private water well.
(D) In connection with all of the above, the premises and facilities used for the keeping of fowl authorized to be kept under any of the provisions of this section must be kept in such a manner as to prevent the emission of odor or noise offensive to persons of ordinary sensibilities in the neighborhood or the existence of any nuisance dangerous to the public health.
(Ord. OR-1787-10, passed 10-11-10; Am. Ord. OR-2143-19, passed 8-26-19)