Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) It shall be unlawful for any person, firm, or corporation to engage in the business of a Civic Center peddler within the city without first having secured a license therefor. The license shall be an annual license expiring on April 30 of each year. Each license issued pursuant to this subchapter shall be conspicuously displayed. The City Clerk may issue a temporary license for peddlers, following the same procedure as for the issuance of an annual license.
(B) Application for a peddler's license shall be made to the City Clerk upon a form to be determined by the City Clerk. The application shall include:
(1) The name, home and business address of the applicant, and the name and the address of the owner, if other than the applicant, of the business and of any stand or motor vehicle to be used in the operation of the business.
(2) A description of the type of food, beverage, merchandise, or service to be sold, and in the case of products of farm or orchard, whether produced or grown by the applicant.
(3) A description and photograph of any stand to be used in the operation of the business.
(4) A license from the City Health Department for any peddler who will sell any food or beverages.
(5) (a) A certificate of insurance that the applicant has been issued an insurance policy by an insurance company licensed to do business in the state, protecting the licensee and the city from all claims for damages to property and bodily injury, including death which may arise from operations under or in connection with the license. Such insurance shall provide combined primary and excess coverage which meet a $500,000 minimum limit; such policy shall provide for automobile liability insurance for owned, non-owned, and hire vehicles as applicable; and such policy shall provide that the policy shall not terminate or be cancelled prior to the expiration date except with 30 days advance written notice to the city.
(b) Exceptions to certificates of insurance may be considered on a case by case basis by the City Clerk with consultation of the risk manager to modify guidelines to meet the exposures presented in a specific activity.
(6) Authorization to operate within the Civic Center Zone may be subject to conditions requested by a municipal department or public agency at the time approval is granted or at any time during the licensing period. Peddlers who have been licensed during the licensing year immediately preceding an application for a specific location shall be given first consideration for licensure at that location provided all other requirements under this division are met and that the license is applied for prior to June 1 of the license year. After June 1, the City Clerk may issue a license for the location to the first applicant who requests that site and who meets the licensing requirements.
(7) Hours of operation.
(8) Whether or not the applicant has previously held a peddler's license.
(9) Proof that the applicant holds a hawker, peddler, or itinerant vendor's license from the state where applicable.
(Ord. passed 11-7-01) Penalty, see § 10.99