Any party aggrieved by the emission of excessive smoke, vapor, or odor may make his complaint in writing to the City Clerk, who shall refer the same directly to the Committee on City Planning of the Board of Mayor and Aldermen. The Committee shall carefully investigate the complaint and refer its findings to the Board of Mayor and Aldermen who, by vote, may direct the City Prosecutor to proceed against the alleged offender under the provisions of this chapter.
('71 Code, § 3-2)