Skip to code content (skip section selection)
For the purposes of this chapter, the following definitions shall apply unless the context clearly indicates or requires a different meaning.
CHARITABLE SOLICITATION. All solicitation by or on behalf of a charitable organization within the meaning of Section 501(a) and (c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code, 1954 (as amended).
RESIDENCE. Shall mean and include every separate living unit occupied for residential purposes by one or more persons, contained within any type of building or structure.
SOLICITING. Shall mean and include any one or more of the following activities conducted in person:
(1) Seeking to obtain orders for the purchase of goods, wares, merchandise, foodstuffs, services of any kind, character or description whatever, for any kind of consideration whatever;
(2) Seeking to obtain prospective customers for application or purchase of insurance of any type, kind or character;
(3) Seeking to obtain subscriptions to books, magazines, periodicals, newspapers and every other type or kind of publication;
(4) Seeking to obtain gifts or contributions of money, clothing or any other valuable thing for the support or benefit of any charitable or non-profit association, organization, corporation, or project; or
(5) Conducting what is commonly known as “door-to-door sales” or “street peddling.”
(Ord. 85-12-1, passed 12-9-1985)