Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Any license may be suspended or revoked by the City Clerk or City Council at any time for the following reasons:
(1) For conditions or considerations which, had they existed at the time of issuance, would have been valid grounds for its denial;
(2) For any misrepresentation of a material fact in the application discovered after issuance of the license;
(3) For any misrepresentation or materially false statement made in the course of carrying on the trade, business or profession;
(4) For violation of any provision of this chapter or other federal, state or municipal law or ordinance relating to the operation of the business or enterprise for which the license has been issued; or
(5) Upon conviction of a licensee for any federal, state or municipal law or ordinance involving the creation of a nuisance, a breach of the peace, interference with the rights of property owners, or any other offense constituting a threat to the public health, safety, morals or general welfare of the public.
(B) The suspension or revocation shall become effective upon notice served upon the licensee. The notice shall contain a written summary of the reasons for the suspension or revocation and a statement concerning the right to appeal the decision. The notice shall be delivered by certified mail, return receipt requested, to the address given on the licensee's application.