Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) A sign may be erected in the city only in conformance with the standards, procedures, exemptions and other requirements of this chapter.
(B) The effect of this chapter as more specifically set forth herein is:
(1) To establish a permit system to allow a variety of types of signs in commercial and industrial areas and a limited variety of signs in residential areas subject to the standards and the permit procedures of the chapter;
(2) To allow certain signs that are small, unobtrusive and incidental to the principle use of the respective lots on which they are located, subject to the substantive requirements of this chapter, without the requirements of a permit;
(3) To prohibit all signs not expressly permitted by this chapter;
(4) To establish a reasonable fee; and
(5) To provide for the enforcement of the provisions of this chapter.
(Ord. 99-06, passed 6-7-99)