Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The main order of business shall be as follows:
(1) Roll call;
(2) Reading and approval of minutes. All minutes of previous meetings shall be submitted to the members of the County Board in writing at the same time the notices of the Board meeting are sent. The reading of minutes shall be dispensed with unless there is some objection by one or more Board members. Unless there is objection, the minutes shall be approved as written;
(3) Committee reports;
(4) Communications, petitions, and resolutions;
(5) Reading of the claims and officers reports shall be submitted to the County Board members prior to the County Board meeting in sufficient time for them to examine and digest the same. Claims and officer’s reports shall be approved as submitted without formally reading the same unless there is some objection by one or more Board members;
(6) Reports of special committees;
(7) Unfinished business;
(8) New business;
(9) Mileage and per diem; and
(B) There is hereby created a position of Vice Chairperson. The Vice Chairperson shall be authorized to act at regular and committee meetings of the Board in the absence of the regular Board Chairperson. The Vice Chairperson shall be appointed by the Board Chairperson with the advice and consent of the County Board and shall serve during the term of the Chairperson. The Vice Chairperson shall act as temporary Board Chairperson in the event of death or resignation of the Chairperson until such time the County Board meets to elect a County Board Chairperson.
(C) All other rules of order of the County Board, except as herein modified, shall remain in effect.
(D) Robert’s Rules of Order except as modified by this Board shall in all cases apply.
(Res. 1979.06, passed 2-11-1979)