Skip to code content (skip section selection)
761.08 REVOCATION OF CERTIFICATE.
(a) A certificate of registration issued under this chapter may be revoked by the Mayor Police Chief, after notice and hearing, for any of the following causes:
(1) Fraud, misrepresentation, or false statement contained in the application for a certificate of registration/permit;
(2) The registrant is convicted of a felony violation or misdemeanor violation involving moral turpitude;
(3) Fraud, misrepresentation, or false statement made in the course of carrying on the business of solicitor, canvasser, or agent as provided in this chapter;
(4) Any violation of this chapter;
(5) Conducting the business of solicitor, canvasser, or agent, as provided in this chapter, in such a manner as to constitute a breach of peace or a menace to the health, safety or general welfare of the public.
(b) Notice of hearing for the revocation of certificate of registration/permit shall be given in writing setting forth the time and place of the hearing. The notice shall be mailed to the registrant of the address listed on the certificate of registration at least five days prior to the date set for the hearing. Personal service of the notice upon the registrant may be given instead of, or in addition to, the notice by mail. The hearing shall be conducted by the Mayor, or the Mayor's designee. At the hearing, the registrant shall be given specific notice of the grounds for the revocation of the certificate of registration/permit. The registrant will be then given an opportunity to respond. (Ord. 15-2017. Passed 3-9-17.)