Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The provisions of the State Traffic Code as contained in Ohio R.C. Chapters 4511 and 4513 do not prevent the Municipality from enacting local traffic regulations covering the following activities with respect to the streets and highways under local jurisdiction and within the reasonable exercise of the police power by the Municipality:
(1) Regulating the stopping, standing or parking of vehicles;
(2) Regulating traffic by means of police officers or traffic control devices;
(3) Regulating or prohibiting processions or assemblages on streets or highways;
(4) Designating particular streets as one-way streets and requiring that all vehicles on the one-way streets be moved in one specific direction;
(5) Regulating the speed of vehicles in public parks;
(6) Designating any street or highway as a through street or highway and requiring that all vehicles stop before entering or crossing a through street or highway, or designating any intersection as a stop intersection and requiring all vehicles to stop at one or more entrances to the intersection;
(7) Regulating or prohibiting vehicles from passing to the left of safety zones;
(8) Regulating the operation of bicycles; provided that no such regulation shall be fundamentally inconsistent with the uniform rules of the road prescribed by this Traffic Code and that no such regulation shall prohibit the use of bicycles on any public street or highway except as provided in Section 303.06;
(9) Requiring the registration and licensing of bicycles, including the requirement of a registration fee for residents of the Municipality;
(10) Regulating the use of certain streets by vehicles.
(b) No ordinance or regulation enacted under subsections (a)(4), (5), (6), (7), (8), or (10) of this section shall be effective until signs giving notice of the local traffic regulations are posted upon or at the entrance to the street or highway or part of the street or highway affected, as may be most appropriate.
(c) Every ordinance, resolution or regulation enacted under subsection (a)(1) hereof shall be enforced in compliance with Section 305.05. (ORC 4511.07)