Skip to code content (skip section selection)
For the purpose of this chapter, the following definitions shall apply unless the context clearly indicates or requires a different meaning.
AGGRIEVED PERSON. Includes any person who:
(1) Claims to have been injured by a discriminatory housing project; or
(2) Believes that he or she will be injured by a discriminatory housing practice that is about to occur.
COMMISSION. The Nebraska Equal Opportunity Commission.
DWELLING. Any building, structure, or portion thereof which is occupied as or designed or intended for occupancy as a residence for one or more families, and any vacant land which is offered for sale or lease for the construction or location thereon of any such building, structure, or portion thereof.
FAMILIAL STATUS. One or more minors being domiciled with:
(1) A parent or another person having legal custody of the individual; or
(2) The designee of a parent or other person having legal custody, with written permission of the parent or other person.
HANDICAP. With respect to a person:
(1) A physical or mental impairment, excluding the current illegal use of or addition to a controlled substance as defined in Neb. RS 28-401, which substantially limits one or more of the person's major life activities;
(2) A record of having such an impairment; or
(3) Being regarded as having such an impairment.
PERSON. Includes one or more individuals, corporations, partnerships, associations, labor organizations, legal representatives, mutual companies, joint-stock companies, trusts, unincorporated organizations, trustees, trustees in bankruptcy, receivers, and fiduciaries.
RENT. Includes lease, sublease, let, and otherwise grant for consideration the right to occupy premises not owned by the occupant.
RESTRICTIVE COVENANT. Any specification limiting the transfer, rental, or lease of any housing because of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, handicap, familial status, or ancestry.
(1990 Code, § 10-802) (Ord. 422, passed 1-3-1995)