Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) No person shall drive or operate a commercial quadricycle for hire in Louisville Metro Government unless the commercial quadricycle owner obtains an operating permit from the Department of Codes and Regulations in compliance with all the following requirements:
(1) Completion of a written application with the Department of Codes and regulations, which must include the commercial quadricycle business's name and registered address;
(2) Written documentation that the commercial quadricycle business has general liability insurance of at least $2,000,000 from an insurer authorized to do business in the Commonwealth of Kentucky;
(3) Documentation that every commercial quadricycle operating on public streets and highways has been inspected and is certified as meeting the safety and equipment standards;
(4) A proposed travel route, which shall meet the requirements of § 115.582 of this subchapter;
(5) Payment of the permit fee to be established by the Director of Codes and Regulations; and
(6) Such other material as the Department of Codes and Regulations may require.
(B) The Department of Codes and Regulations shall review and evaluate an application to operate a commercial quadricycle within 30 days of receipt.
(C) Any permit under this section may be denied, suspended, or revoked for one or more of the following reasons:
(1) The applicant has failed to comply with one or more provisions of this chapter;
(2) Fraud, misrepresentation, or bribery in securing or renewing a permit;
(3) Fraud, misrepresentation, or false statements made in the application and investigation for, or in the course of, the applicant's business;
(4) The operating permit is defaced, altered, forged, or counterfeited; or
(5) Failure to comply with any other local, state, or federal law.
(D) A commercial quadricycle business may appeal any denial, suspension or revocation within seven days of the date of the decision as provided in LMCO §§ 32.275 et seq.
(Lou. Metro Ord. No. 81-2017, approved 5-15-2017)