Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) It is unlawful for any person to conduct a public entertainment gathering within Louisville Metro without first having obtained a license for such activity. The person desiring to conduct a public entertainment gathering shall be responsible for obtaining a license, and paying the annual fee charged pursuant to the fee schedule issued by the Louisville Metro Government, Department of Codes and Regulations.
(B) A license is not required under this subchapter if the public entertainment gathering is conducted by:
(1) Commonwealth of Kentucky, Louisville Metro Government, or any suburban city in Jefferson County;
(2) Organizations holding valid charitable solicitation permit;
(3) Bona fide youth organizations or athletic teams registered with the state or national organization;
(4) Bona fide publicly recognized religious organization; or
(5) Any college, university, or school accredited by any state department of education.
(C) The Department of Codes and Regulations may require any organization or individual claiming exemption to appear and present evidence to support said exemption.
(Lou. Metro Ord. No. 50-2015, approved 4-29-2015, effective 6-28-2015) Penalty, see § 115.999