Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The Department of Codes and Regulations may issue a license under this subchapter so long as the following conditions are met:
(1) The building, structure, equipment or location for the place of public entertainment gathering complies with the requirements or meets the standards of the health, zoning, building, fire safety or other applicable laws and ordinances of the state, county and the city, or the requirements of this subchapter.
(2) The location of the public entertainment gathering is not an unreasonable or inappropriate interference with surrounding land uses or is otherwise unreasonably detrimental to the public welfare.
(3) The applicant or any of the applicant's employers, officers, directors, partners, operators, employees or any other person involved in the operation or business of the public entertainment gathering has not been convicted within the last five years of:
(a) Any crime involving prostitution or sexual offenses under KRS Chapter 510;
(b) Any crime involving possession or trafficking of narcotics;
(c) Any felony assault or unlawful possession of a firearm; or
(d) Business or commercial fraud, extortion, or receiving stolen property.
(4) The applicant or any of the applicant's employers, officers, directors, partners, operators, employees or any other person involved in the operation or business of the public entertainment gatherings has not committed any act which, if committed by a licensee, would be grounds for the suspension or revocation of a license pursuant to this title.
(5) The applicant has submitted proof of insurance policy in the amount of $100,000 property damages, $1,000,000 for injury of death of one person, and $3,000,000 for injury of death of more than one person per incident arising out of a premise used to operate a public entertainment gathering.
(B) Any applicant denied a license may reapply and be granted a license if the applicant can prove the basis for such denial no longer exists. Denied applicants may appeal pursuant to this subchapter.
(C) Applications for renewal of a license issued shall be processed and considered according to the criteria for the initial issuance of the license.
(Lou. Metro Ord. No. 50-2015, approved 4-29-2015, effective 6-28-2015)