Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Each application to the Director for a massage facility employee license shall be made in person by the applicant and shall set forth the following:
(1) The name, address, date of birth, telephone number, physical description, and two recent photographs of the applicant;
(2) The name and address of the massage facility where the applicant is to be employed, and the name of the owner of the facility, if known at the time of application;
(3) The names and addresses of the last three employers and any and all previous establishments where the applicant has been employed as a massage facility employee;
(4) All criminal convictions of the applicant, other than misdemeanor traffic violations for the past ten years;
(5) Whether any massage facility employee license previously has been denied the applicant or revoked and, if so, the reasons or the circumstances surrounding the denial or revocation; and
(6) A complete set of fingerprints of the applicant.
(B) All massage facility employee license applications shall be accompanied by a certificate from a medical doctor stating the applicant, within 30 days immediately prior to the filing of his or her application, has been examined and found to be free from any venereal disease.
(C) A nonrefundable fee of $25 shall accompany the application.
(D) A massage facility employee license shall be issued by the Director to the applicant within 15 business days after receipt of the application if the applicant has furnished accurate and complete information on the application and has not been convicted of a felony, an offense involving a violation of KRS Chapters 510 or 529, or the equivalent violation under the laws of any other jurisdiction, within the five years next preceding the date of application or any violation of this subchapter.
(E) In the event of denial, notice and reasons for denial shall be given to the applicant in the same manner provided by § 115.172(F).
(1999 Lou. Code, § 111.398) (Lou. Ord. No. 101-1974, approved 8-27-1974; Lou. Am. Ord. No. 28-1976, approved 5-1-1976; Lou. Am. Ord. No. 60-1986, approved 2-27-1986; Lou. Metro Am. Ord. No. 246-2007, approved 11-12-2007) Penalty, see § 115.999