Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The following areas have been designated as Historic Preservation Districts and the boundaries and distinctive characteristics of each are described therein:
(1) West Main Street Preservation District
(2) Limerick Preservation District
(3) Old Louisville Preservation District
(4) Cherokee Triangle Preservation District
(5) Parkland Business Preservation District
(6) Butchertown Historic District
(7) Clifton Historic District
(B) The boundaries and distinctive characteristics of each District are described in the Commission action or ordinance establishing each District.
(C) Individual Landmarks may be designated as provided in this subchapter.
(D) No person shall make any exterior alteration to any structure or site designated an individual landmark or to any site or structure located within a district without obtaining a certificate of appropriateness, issued without cost, as provided in this subchapter.
(1999 Lou. Code, § 32.502) (Lou. Ord. No. 44-1997, approved 3-28-1997; Lou. Am. Ord. No. 0079-2002, § 3, approved 6-27-2002; Lou. Metro Am. Ord. No. 71-2005, approved 6-1-2005; Lou. Metro Am. Ord. No. 96-2019, approved 8-8-2019) Penalty, see § 32.262