Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) No private tow operator shall remove a vehicle from a private parking lot unless the owner of the private parking lot, or said owner’s authorized agent, signs a contemporaneous specific written authorization for such removal. The said written authorization shall include the following:
(1) The make and model of the vehicle to be towed;
(2) The license number and state of issuance of the license plate of the vehicle to be towed;
(3) The location of the private parking lot from which the vehicle is to be towed;
(4) The signature and printed name of the person authorizing the towing;
(5) A written statement indicating the date and time of the authorization, that the person authorizing the tow is the owner of the private parking lot, or his or her authorized agent, and that said owner or authorized agent is not the employee of any tow operator; and
(6) A written statement indicating why the motor vehicle was parked in a manner inconsistent with posted instructions and subject to tow.
(B) Private tow operators shall also comply with reporting and notifying requirements contained in § 115.455.
(1999 Lou. Code, § 111.907) (Lou. Ord. No. 78-1998, approved 5-4-1998; Lou. Metro Am. Ord. No. 107-2005, approved 8-2-2005; Lou. Metro Am. Ord. No. 64-2017, approved 4-20-2017)