Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) An applicant for a certificate will be eligible for consideration unless:
(1) Any of the owners, partners, officers or directors have been convicted of, forfeited a bond, or pleaded guilty or nolo contendere to a felony or offense involving a controlled substance, prostitution, obscenity, or any crime of a sexual nature in any jurisdiction within five years immediately preceding the date of application.
(2) Any of the owners, partners, officers or directors has violated any portion of this subchapter resulting in the revocation of a certificate held by them within five years immediately preceding the date of application.
(3) The applicant is not in good standing with the Secretary of State.
(4) The applicant is not in good standing with the Louisville/Jefferson County Metro Revenue Commission.
(5) There are unpaid administrative charges or penalties assessed against the applicant by the Department.
(6) The applications or any portion of the application is incomplete or contains incorrect or false information.
(B) The applicant shall be required to operate its vehicles for hire in accordance with KRS Chapter 189 requirements for the use of seat belts and child restraint systems and the applicant has in place a procedure whereby its customers are informed of these requirements.
(C) Time incarcerated and all other time associated with the completion of all penal requirements and conditions will not be counted as time when determining the period of time between conviction/offense and the date of application for any of the time frames set out within this section.
(1999 Lou. Code, § 111.554) (Lou. Ord. No. 115-1979, approved 8-17-1979; Lou. Am. Ord. No. 370-1987, approved 12-28-1987; Lou. Am. Ord. No. 89-1993, approved 5-13-1993; Lou. Am. Ord. No. 172-1996, approved 8-28-1996; Lou. Am. Ord. No. 0045-2002, § 1, approved 3-29-2002; Lou. Metro Am. Ord. No. 223-2005, approved 12-27-2005)