Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Any person operating a bicycle shall:
(1) Obey the instructions of official traffic control devices applicable to vehicles, unless otherwise directed by a police officer;
(2) Before changing course, turning or stopping upon a roadway, exercise due care that the movement can be made with reasonable safety and give the hand and arm signals required by Section 331.15;
(3) Yield the right of way to pedestrian and vehicular traffic upon the roadway as lawfully required;
(4) Yield the right of way to a pedestrian upon a sidewalk;
(5) Give timely and audible signal before overtaking and passing a pedestrian upon a roadway or sidewalk.
(b) Whoever violates any provision of this section is guilty of a minor misdemeanor on a first offense; on a second offense within one year after the first offense, the person is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree; on each subsequent offense within one year after the first offense, the person is guilty of a misdemeanor of the third degree.