Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Membership. There is established a City Planning Commission, consisting of five (5) members as follows:
(1) The Mayor;
(2) The Service Director; and
(3) Three (3) citizens of the City who shall serve without compensation for terms of six (6) years each, which shall be staggered. To the extent possible, citizen members should be selected with the member exhibiting at least one (1) of the following areas of experience:
A. Licensed Building Contractor
B. Representatives with proven or demonstrated expertise in Real Property, Real Estate Appraisal, Real Estate Law, Land Use Planning, Municipal Zoning, Architecture, City Planning, or Land Development, as well as construing municipal zoning language and codes and their impact on land use applications.
(1) Meetings of the Commission shall be held monthly when there is business to transact. There shall be a fixed place of meeting and all meetings shall be open to the public. The Commission shall adopt its own rules of procedure and keep a record of its proceedings, showing the action taken and the vote of each member upon each application considered. The presence of three (3) members shall constitute a quorum and be necessary to conduct business. Decisions shall be made by a majority of the quorum present at the meeting.
(2) The Commission may adopt rules of procedure to be followed in the performance of its duties
(c) Powers and Duties. For the purpose of this Zoning Ordinance, the Planning Commission shall have the following duties:
(1) Initiate proposed amendments to this Zoning Ordinance;
(2) Review all proposed amendments to this Zoning Ordinance and make recommendations to Council;
(3) Review all requests for planned unit and mixed-use developments and make recommendations to Council;
(4) Review and act upon all site plans, as designated by this Ordinance;
(5) Review all plats of proposed allotments and make recommendations to Council; and
(6) Review lot splits and report same for commercial property and residential lot splits creating three (3) or more separate parcels.
(Ord. 4-21. Passed 1-4-21.)