Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(1) Regular Meetings. The regular meetings shall be held in the Council chambers on the first and third Monday evenings of each month promptly at 6:00 p.m.. If the day of the meeting falls on a legal holiday, the meeting shall be held of the following day. Council shall recess during the month of August.
(2) Special Meetings. Special meetings may be called by the Mayor or any three (3) members of the legislative authority, or by a majority vote of the legislative authority during any meeting upon providing at least twenty-four (24) hours' notice to each member of the legislative authority and to the news media that have requested notifications, except in the event of an emergency requiring official action. In the event of an emergency, notification must be provided to the news media that have requested notification immediately of the time, place and purpose of the meeting in accordance with O.R.C. 121.22.
(3) Public Meetings. All regular, special, emergency, committee, work sessions and public hearings, etc. of the legislative authority shall be open to the public and conducted in accordance with O.R.C. 121.22. All minutes and records of the Council shall be available to the public to view and/or purchase in the Clerk of the Council office during business hours.
(4) Public Hearings. The President of Council, or designee, shall preside over public hearings required and/or scheduled by the legislative body. No public hearing shall be scheduled unless a resolution setting forth the reasons therefore is adopted or it is a requirement stipulated by state statutes.
(5) Opening Procedures. The President shall call the meeting to order and follow the order of business as listed on the agenda. In the absence of the President, the President Pro-tempore shall preside. In the event the President and President Pro-tempore are absent and a quorum is present, Council shall designate a member to preside until the President or President Pro-tempore arrives.
(6) Quorum. A majority of Council members elected shall be considered a quorum to conduct business.
(7) Three Readings. No ordinance or resolution shall be passed until it has been read on three (3) separate days in accordance with O.R.C. 731.17, unless the statutory requirement has been dispensed with by a three-fourths (3/4) affirmative vote of the legislative authority. All ordinances and resolutions may be read by caption only, provided all members have copies.
(b) Powers and Duties. The City Council, for purposes of this Ordinance, shall have the following duties:
(1) Adopt the Zoning Ordinance and any subsequent amendments to the Ordinance;
(2) Act upon the preliminary site plan for all planned unit development and mixed-use development requests;
(3) Create preservation districts or design review districts or designate individual landmark properties;
(4) Review and act upon the proposed sale of landmark properties; and
(5) Establish a schedule of fees for applications required by this Ordinance.
(Ord. 4-21. Passed 1-4-21.)