Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) No owner or person in control of a vacant commercial building shall fail to do any of the following:
(1) Register the vacant commercial building with the Fire Department in accordance with the requirements of this Chapter.
(2) Designate an authorized agent if the owner or person in control of the vacant commercial building does not reside within Lorain County, Ohio or a contiguous county.
(3) Submit a Vacant Building Plan which shall be approved by the Fire Chief in accordance with Section 1302.07 of this Chapter.
(4) At all times maintain the property in accordance with the Vacant Building Maintenance Standards set forth in Section 1302.08 of this Chapter.
(5) Acquire or otherwise maintain general liability insurance covering the vacant commercial building and property in an amount of not less than One million dollars ($1,000,000.00). The insurance policy shall provide for written notice to the Fire Chief within thirty (30) days of any lapse, cancellation or change in coverage.
(Ord. 69-16. Passed 7-5-16.)