Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) A person commits criminal mischief if he or she:
(1) Damages property of another intentionally or recklessly; or
(2) Intentionally tampers with property of another so as to endanger person or property; or
(3) Intentionally or maliciously causes another to suffer pecuniary loss by deception or threat.
(B) Criminal mischief is an offense:
(1) If the actor intentionally or maliciously causes pecuniary loss of $500 or more but less than $5,000; or
(2) If the actor intentionally, maliciously, or recklessly causes pecuniary loss in an amount of less than $500 or if his or her action results in no pecuniary loss.
(Neb. RS 28-519) Penalty, see § 10.99