Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) No person shall operate or conduct an arcade or game room for use by the general public in the City for money or other reward without first obtaining a license therefor from the Mayor. A person wishing such a license shall make an application therefor, in writing, to the Chief of Police, which application shall set forth the following:
(1) The name, address, age and birthdate (if applicable) of the applicant;
(2) The location where the mechanical or electrically operated amusement device is to be displayed or operated and the business conducted therein;
(3). The commercial name of the machine to be covered by the license, the name of the manufacturer and the serial number of the device;
(4) The name of the owner of the premises where the device is to be displayed or operated and his or her residence address;
(5) The name of the owner of the business conducted therein and his or her residence address;
(6) The name and address of the owner of the device if the owner is different from the applicant;
(7) A statement as to whether or not the applicant, or any person employed by the applicant, has been convicted of a gambling offense, a drug abuse offense or a crime involving moral turpitude, in the seven years preceding the date of the application; and
(8) A statement to establish the type of business entity the licensee is operating, i.e. sole proprietorship, partnership or corporation.
The person operating or conducting the business shall inform the Chief of Police as to changes in the information required in this subsection.
(b) If an application is not approved, the Mayor shall notify the applicant, in writing, and cite reasons for the rejection.
(c) The Mayor shall not issue a license to an applicant if a person with an interest in the business, or an employee of the business, has been convicted of a violation of a Federal or State statute, any local ordinance pertaining to gambling or any other crime involving moral turpitude, within five years preceding the application. Also, as a prerequisite to the issuance of such a license, an inspection shall be made of the premises by the Building Inspector, the Chief of Fire and the Chief of Police, each of whom must approve the issuance of such license.