Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The City Council may grant relief from city parking requirements to allow land banking up to 25% of the required parking spaces. In O-2, M-1 and M-2 Zoning Districts, land-banking requests shall be determined on a case-by-case basis. In all cases, approval for land banking shall be granted, provided that:
(1) Sufficient evidence is provided by the applicant that supports the reduced parking needs;
(2) The area proposed for land banking of parking spaces shall be an area suitable for parking at a future time;
(3) Landscaping of the land-banked area shall be in full compliance of the zoning regulations and, at a minimum, landscaped with turf. As a result of site plan review, additional landscaping of the land-banked area may be required;
(4) The land-banking area will not be used for any other use. The land-banked parking area cannot be used to fulfill other landscaping requirements within this chapter;
(5) As part of the site plan review process, the applicant shall show the area to be banked on the site plan and marked as "Land-Banked Future Parking".
(B) The Zoning Administrator, at their sole discretion, on the basis of increased parking demand for the use, or provided parking proving to be inadequate, may require the conversion of all or part of the land-banked area to off-street parking spaces. The owner may convert the land-banked area to parking prior to city notification, subject to all required permits.
(Ord. 21-016, passed 8-18-21)