Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Except for extraction uses to which this section shall not apply and for which the City Council may establish conditions, the following shall apply.
(A) Location. All required loading berths shall be located on the same zoning lot as the use served. No loading berth for vehicles over two tons capacity shall be closer than 50 feet to any property in a residential district, unless completely enclosed by building walls, or a uniformly painted solid fence or wall, or any combination thereof, not less than six feet in height. No permitted or required loading berth shall be located within 25 feet of the nearest point of intersection of any two streets.
(B) Size. Unless otherwise specified, a required loading berth shall be at least 12 feet in width, at least 50 feet in length, exclusive of aisles and maneuvering space.
(C) Access. Each required off-street loading berth shall be designed with appropriate means of vehicular access to a street or alley in a manner that will not interfere with traffic movements on adjacent public streets.
(D) Base course construction and surfacing. The construction design of all off-street loading berths, and access thereto, shall be reviewed by the City Engineer to determine that they are constructed in accordance with § 153.50.070.
(E) Repair and service.
(1) No motor vehicle repair work or service of any kind shall be permitted in conjunction with loading facilities provided in any residence or business district.
(2) Space allocated to any off-street berth shall not, while so allocated, be used to satisfy the space requirements for any off-street parking facilities or portions thereof.
(3) For special exceptions other than prescribed for loading berths adequate in number and size to serve the uses as determined by the Zoning Administrator shall be provided.
(4) Uses for which off-street loading facilities are required, but which are located in buildings of less floor area than the minimum prescribed for the required facilities, shall be provided with adequate receiving facilities off any adjacent alley, service drive or open space on the same lot that is accessible by motor vehicle.
(F) Schedule of loading requirements.
(1) All off-street loading spaces shall include an area or means adequate for maneuvering, and site ingress and egress.
(2) The minimum number of off-street loading spaces required shall be based on the floor area of the associated structure in keeping with Table 103-1 below.
TABLE 103-1: SCHEDULE OF LOADING REQUIREMENTS
Floor Area of Establishments (square feet)
Required Number of Loading Berths
0 to 5,000
5,001 to 50,000
50,001 to 100,000
For each additional 100,000
(Ord. 21-016, passed 8-18-21)