Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Standards and Principles. All construction in the right-of-way shall be consistent with applicable ordinances, codes, laws rules and regulations, and commonly recognized and accepted traffic control and construction principles, sound engineering judgment and, where applicable, the principles and standards set forth in the following IDOT publications, as amended from time to time:
(1) Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Construction;
(2) Supplemental Specifications and Recurring Special Provisions;
(3) Highway Design Manual;
(4) Highway Standards Manual;
(5) Standard Specifications for Traffic Control Items;
(6) Illinois Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (92 Ill. Adm. Code § 545);
(7) Flagger's Handbook; and
(8) Work Site Protection Manual for Daylight Maintenance Operations.
(B) Interpretation of Municipal Standards and Principles. If a discrepancy exists between or among differing principles and standards required by this chapter, the City Engineer shall determine, in the exercise of sound engineering judgment, which principles apply and such decision shall be final. If requested, the City Engineer shall state which standard or principle will apply to the construction, maintenance, or operation of a facility in the future.
(Ord. 99-223, passed 6-30-99; Am. Ord. 07-744, passed 12-12-07) Penalty, see § 53.99