Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. ESTABLISHMENT: The City of Little Falls Planning Commission shall serve as the Board of Adjustment for the Little Falls/Morrison County Airport Zoning Ordinance.
B. POWERS: The Board of Adjustment shall have and exercise the following powers:
1. Hear and decide appeals from any order, requirement, decision, or determination made by the administrator in the enforcement of this Ordinance.
2. Hear and decide special exceptions to the terms of this Ordinance upon which such Board of Adjustment under such regulations may be required to pass.
3. Hear and decide specific variances.
1. The Board of Adjustment shall adopt rules for its governance and procedure in harmony with the provisions of this Ordinance. Meetings of the Board of Adjustment shall be held at the call of the chairperson and at such other times as the Board of Adjustment may determine. The chairperson, or in his absence the acting chairperson, may administer oaths and compel the attendance of witnesses. All hearings of the Board of Adjustment shall be public. The Board of Adjustment shall keep minutes of its proceedings showing the vote of each member upon each question or, if absent or failing to vote, indicating such fact, and shall keep records of its examinations and other official actions, all of which shall immediately be filed in the office of the zoning administrator and shall be a public record.
2. The Board of Adjustment shall make written findings of facts and conclusions of law giving the facts upon which it acted and its legal conclusions from such facts in reversing, affirming, or modifying any order, requirement, decision, or determination which comes before it under the provisions of this Ordinance.
3. The City Council shall review and revise any recommendation of the Planning Commission. In reviewing such recommendations, the City Council may set a date for hearing thereon, not earlier than seven (7) days after nor more than thirty (30) days after the recommendation is made by the Planning Commission.