Skip to code content (skip section selection)
An application for a floodplain development permit shall be required for all development activities located wholly within, partially within, or in contact with an identified special flood hazard area. Such application shall be made by the owner of the property or his or her authorized agent, herein referred to as the applicant, prior to the actual commencement of such construction on a form furnished for that purpose. Where it is unclear whether a development site is in a special flood hazard area, the Floodplain Administrator may require an application for a floodplain development permit to determine the development's location. Such applications shall include, but not be limited to:
(a) Site plans drawn to scale showing the nature, location, dimensions, and topography of the area in question; the location of existing or proposed structures, fill, storage of materials, drainage facilities, and the location of the foregoing.
(b) Elevation of the existing, natural ground where structures are proposed.
(c) Elevation of the lowest floor, including basement, of all proposed structures.
(d) Such other material and information as may be requested by the Floodplain Administrator to determine conformance with, and provide enforcement of these regulations.
(e) Technical analyses conducted by the appropriate design professional registered in the State of Ohio and submitted with an application for a floodplain development permit when applicable:
(1) Floodproofing certification for non-residential floodproofed structure as required in Section 1310.28.
(2) Certification that fully enclosed areas below the lowest floor of a structure not meeting the design requirements of Section 1310.27(e) are designed to automatically equalize hydrostatic flood forces.
(3) Description of any watercourse alteration or relocation that the flood carrying capacity of the watercourse will not be diminished, and maintenance assurances as required in Section 1310.32(c).
(4) A hydrologic and hydraulic analysis demonstrating that the cumulative effect of proposed development, when combined with all other existing and anticipated development will not increase the water surface elevation of the base flood by more than one foot in special flood hazard areas where the Federal Emergency Management Agency has provided base flood elevations but no floodway as required by Section 1310.32(b).
(5) A hydrologic and hydraulic engineering analysis showing impact of any development on flood heights in an identified floodway as required by Section 1310.32(a).
(6) Generation of base flood elevation(s) for subdivision and large scale developments as required by Section 1310.26.
(Ord. 1781. Passed 1-23-2006.)