Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Definitions. For the purpose of this section, the following definitions shall apply unless the context clearly indicates or requires a different meaning.
(1) PARENT. The natural parent or legal guardian or other person having the legal obligation for the care, control and supervision of a juvenile.
(2) PROPERTY. Any public place, building, street or highway or private property, land or buildings.
(1) It shall be unlawful for any person under the age of 17 years, to be on any public road, street, alley or in any public place of business or amusement in the village between the hours of 12:01 a.m. and 6:00 a.m., Saturday, and between the hours of 12:01 a.m. and 6:00 a.m., Sunday, and between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. on any other day of the week, unless such person is accompanied by a parent, guardian, or other proper person of the age of 21 years or more, or unless engaged in some occupation or business in which such person may lawfully engage under the statutes of the state of Illinois. Curfew hours for a day preceding a legal holiday shall be the same as for Saturday. This division shall not apply to village owned property which is specifically covered by division (B)(2) of this section.
(2) It shall be unlawful for any person to be or remain upon publicly owned property (beaches covered in division (B)(3) of this section) or within any publicly owned building except upon public streets, roads, highways, alleys, within the village between the hours of 10:30 p.m. and 6:30 a.m. each day excepting only public employees or officials in pursuance of their lawful duties, persons in public buildings for lawful purposes and persons who shall have been authorized by special permit to be upon such property.
(3) It shall be unlawful for any person to be or remain upon any public beach within the village between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. each day unless their presence has been authorized by a special permit from the village.
(4) The public works department shall, upon direction of the police chief, post all public areas with suitable signs giving notice of this section including thereon a statement of hours to which the within curfew shall be deemed applicable.
(C) Parental Responsibility: It is unlawful for a parent, legal guardian or other person to knowingly permit a person in his custody or control to violate this section.
(Ord. 84-8-559, passed 8-27-1984; Am. Ord. 90-4-736, passed 4-9-1990)